8-10 years experience
Mercury Global Partners: Where Story and Strategy Unite. Mercury Global Partners (MGP) is a boutique B2B and B2C PR firm specializing in emerging technologies. We work with companies of all sizes — from pre-seed and startups to scale-ups and publicly traded companies — focusing on the US and Western European markets.
The Account Director position is a unique opportunity to become a leader for an innovative PR agency. This individual has to be a visionary creative type with 8 – 10 years of experience growing teams and delighting clients. The Account Director will lead 3 to 4 teams overseeing the development of high-level strategy with clients to ensuring team is successful with media strategies. You will also be involved in new business development and operational leadership.
Specifically in the following sectors: AI, fintech, crypto, blockchain, IoT, consumer tech, L5/autonomous driving/transportation, enterprise/SaaS, cybersecurity/privacy/digital ID, robotics, digital health/biotech, agtech, AR/VR, 3D printing, sustainability.
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the same.
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A, lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Client Service/Management
- Deliver exemplary client service for specified clients.
- This will include: Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the client who listens and values your advice.
- Developing a strong working knowledge of your clients’ business, their competitors and relevant industry bodies.
- Identifying key messages and audiences and developing strategic communications plans.
- Delivering projects and campaigns on time and on budget.
- Understanding the financials of each account, the allocated hours per month vs. actual fee and managing the accounts according to the resulting servicing levels.
- Proactively communicating regularly with clients on status of deliverables and budget.
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth and hit your revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate members of the media.
- Keep abreast of market trends, new technologies and client needs.
- Own account management to ensure monthly client billing is accurate, client expenses are recouped, and accounts are current.
- In addition to leading strategic planning efforts, fully partake in the execution of the programs we develop, as determined appropriate by account, including but not limited to writing/editing, media relations, social media, digital communications and crisis work.
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program.
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly.
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication.
- Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
"*" indicates required fields