10+ years experience
Mercury Global Partners (MGP) is a boutique B2B and B2C PR firm that specializes in emerging technologies. We work with companies of all sizes — from pre-seed and startups to scale-ups and publicly traded companies — with focus on the US and Western European markets.
The Senior Account Director position is a unique opportunity to become a leader for an innovative PR agency. This individual has to be a visionary creative type with 10+ years of experience growing teams and delighting clients. The Account Director will lead 3 to 4 teams overseeing the development of high-level strategy with clients to ensure the team is successful with media strategies. You will also be involved in new business development opportunities and operational leadership.
Sector experience in any of the following preferred: AI, fintech, crypto, blockchain, IoT, consumer tech, L5/autonomous driving/transportation, enterprise/SaaS, cybersecurity/privacy/digital ID, robotics, digital health/biotech, agtech, AR/VR, 3D printing, sustainability.
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the same.
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A, lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Client Service/Management
- Deliver exemplary client service for specified clients.
- This will include: Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the client who listens and values your advice.
- Developing a strong working knowledge of your clients’ business, their competitors and relevant industry bodies.
- Identifying key messages and audiences and developing strategic communications plans.
- Delivering projects and campaigns on time and on budget.
- Understanding the financials of each account, the allocated hours per month vs. actual fee and managing the accounts according to the resulting servicing levels.
- Proactively communicating regularly with clients on status of deliverables and budget.
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth and hit your revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate members of the media.
- Keep abreast of market trends, new technologies and client needs.
- Own account management to ensure monthly client billing is accurate, client expenses are recouped, and accounts are current.
- In addition to leading strategic planning efforts, fully partake in the execution of the programs we develop, as determined appropriate by account, including but not limited to writing/editing, media relations, social media, digital communications and crisis work.
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program.
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly.
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication.
- Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.